photo

photo

Monday, May 16, 2011

7 months a mom

I wrote this a week ago, awaiting a photo that I am going to take, but blogger was down and I have yet to take the photo.  I will post the photo on another day or post:

Two things happened in the last few days, Mothers Day and Kaylee turning 7 months old!  I had the BEST mothers day.  Kevin made a weekend out of it making me dinner and brownies, doing chores around the house (and I mean big chores like moving an old couch out of the apartment almost all by himself during my nap), and best of all ZOO PASSES!  But what I really want to talk about is being a mother.  When Kevin and I decided to start a family I was both nervous and excited.  But when we finally got pregnant, it wasn't long before that chance was taken from us.  I am so glad that Kaylee stayed healthy in my belly and healthy outside my belly so we could enjoy her presence.  She is such a blessing to us and I feel so happy to be a mom!  So mothers day was so special to me because I was able to celebrate this wonderful eternal calling I have to be a mom.  I am so glad it is forever!

A lot has gone on for Kaylee this month too!  Here are some of the things she can do:
-She can sit up by herself for a long(ish) period of time.  She has even gotten that way on her own before!
-She is really starting to move, and by move I mean crawling.  It isn't the typical baby crawl yet but it is half inch worm, half army man and sometimes a few normal crawls put together.  :-)
-She went on her first flight.  It didn't go horribly, although at times it was rather challenging.
-She got her first tooth in San Diego, and her second tooth last week!!  They are becoming more and more prominent every day. 
-I am pretty sure she is starting to say mama!!  Oh please!  It would make me SO happy!
-She is eating more and more foods, the latest being green beans.  The only food that she kind of cringes at.  She does love her apples and prunes.  I love making her baby food!  It is cheaper and I find it really easy to make.  Except home made rice cereal.  That I am not good at.
-She laughs more and loves to be around people.

I love being a mom and I love watching Kaylee grow up!  She is my little princess and she always will be!

2 comments:

  1. Mother's Day is so fun, especially when Kaylee is old enough to say "Happy Mother's Day", that is one thing to look forward to.
    It was fun hanging out with you guys this weekend....I loved watching Kaylee and Copper together. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mother's Day is great! Glad you had such a lovely time! :)

    ReplyDelete