photo

photo

Monday, May 2, 2011

San Diego/ Kevin's Birthday

So it is now 1:10am and I can't sleep so what better to do than to blog about our amazing week out in San Diego!

April 16th was Kevin's Birthday!  HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the sweetest, funniest, and amazing husband and father I could ask for!  It was a nice way to start the vaca.  We started his day by having lunch at Phil's BBQ featured on Man Vs. Food.  SO DELISH!  All at the bash were my mom and dad, my sister Claudia, my best friend and her husband Manda and Mike Diaz, Kevin (of coarse), Me and Kaylee :-).  We all then went and visited my grandma Melba who got to meet Kaylee.  I wish I could have spent more time with her while there!  I also for got my camera (boo on my part) so I will have to post those pictures later because I had to take them on Kevin's camera.  Next we went to my parents for some make your own triffles.  Yum!  That night we went to my parent's ward YW fundraiser where they did a Beatles sing along with a silent auction as well as an occational ....loud auction?  Anyhow, I think it went well and I REALLY enjoyed seeing my dad perform.  Since I live so far away I never get to see the stuff her does!
 Triffle Baby!
 Kaylee and Aunt Manda get along so well!
 So my dad tried to find Lennon glasses and this was all he could find!!  HAHA  He is SO funny!
Michal, Manda, and Me after the Beatles Sing a long!

The main purpose of this trip was to see family as much as posible so we made sure all our grandparents got visited.  Monday  we went up to LA where Kevin's grandma lives and had lunch with her.  She is so amazing!  Plus we got to stop by at my grandparent's house (my mom's side).

 Kaylee with her Great Grandma Genie
 With her Great Grandpa Earl
 With her Great Uncle Bob
With her Great Grandma Burroughs (Kevin's Grandma)

It was such a joy to have them all meet my little girl.  Again, I need to get those pictures with Grandma Melba.  She will get her own blog post I think.

Other events that happened is we celebrated my Aunt Ruth's Birthday!  Her birthday was on April 20th so we celebrated it a day early at Taco Tuesday at On the Border.  YUM!  I couldn't finish the 3rd taco.  I only ate 2.  Kaylee then proceeded to cut a tooth that night providing many tears to the house hold.  Thankfully, my parents and sister were very patient with the crying and said they either didn't hear it or it wasn't that much of a bother.  They were probably being nice, but I appreciated it for sure!  Thursday we had a BBQ at our friend Lori's house!  THANK YOU!  I was glad to spend time with her since I have been telling Kevin how awesome she is like forever.  Plus Kaylee had fun in the pool. (videos to come)

 On the Border, Dad, Kevin, and Claudia
 Ree and Kaylee, drinking the salt...not really :-)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AUNT RUTH!!

 Love this of my mom and Kaylee

 Lori, Aunt Ruth and Kaylee (to the Left)
Kaylee and I right before her pool plunge! (to the Right)







I will finish on another blog I think.  I will give sleep another shot!! Good Night!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys had such a fun trip! Glad you were able to introduce Kaylee to all the fam.

    ReplyDelete