photo

photo

Thursday, August 18, 2011

San Diego Part 2

The first week in San Diego I hung out with family mainly.  We went as a family to Mission Bay and had a picnic and then had a BBQ at our friend Laurie's house.  So fun! I'm pretty sure she's one of my favorite people.  It was fun hanging out with everyone and making plans to do more fun stuff.  Anne Marie also came with us to Laurie's house and it is always fun to have her around.  We played games that night too with Anne Marie.  We played the game of things.  My favorite game!  So many inside jokes start in that game!  Love it.

The next week we went snorkeling with my brother Charlie, my sister Claudia, my mom, and our friend Laurie.  We saw nothing except for I saw part of a fish.  It was really murky that day and someone told us the sharks were out way further than we wanted to go.  It was still REALLY fun!  I was unnecessarily afraid of the sting rays and the need to do the "sting ray shuffle" while in the water.  For those of you who don't know what the sting ray shuffle is, here is a brief explanation.  You see, if a sting ray passes by your legs, he doesn't feel threatened.  However if you step on him, he fears his life and therefore stings you.  We went to La Jolla and the hotel we were by is totally ready to aid anyone in need of treatment.  Luckily, it doesn't kill you, as far as I know, and how they treat it?  They stick the affected area (most likely your leg) in a bucket of really really hot water.  That is what I am told. Anyway, it was really fun, and after we went to Phil's BBQ.  My new San Diego MUST GO TO place.  My first time going there was on Kevin's birthday this year and how this place was a secret to me until now, I have no clue.  It is funny how you can grow up in a city and still find numerous new fun things to do in it all the time!  (For example that was my second time snorkeling and I'm in love with it!). 

I was also able to hang out with my best friend Manda and her husband Michael while I was there.  We had dinner at this mexican food place by my parents place that I love!  We origonally went there for carne asada fries, but now I go for their California burito.  It is basically the carne asada fries in a tortilla.  Yummy Carne Asada (Beef/Steak/ Yummers), Cheese, Guacamole, and of course, fries!!  So YUM!  They also got to hang out at my parent's house and talk and play with Kaylee.  I love showing her off!

That Friday I went to a concert at my cousin Maria's music studio!  Maria and her husband Tim started a music school in Lakeside/Santee area in San Diego and are REALLY good at it.  HERE is a link to their facebook page.  Anyway, the concert was a farewell concert for a girl who had been with them for like 6 years and was now going away to college on the other side of the country.  She was really good and I wouldn't be surprised to hear her on the radio someday.  They have a huge number of guitar and drum students so they teach rock as well as other genres of music.  It was really cool to experience and wonderful to see my wonderful cousin and her husband again.

That Saturday I got to hang out with my amazing friend Heather Fugate!  I hadn't seen her in like 10ish years!  Wow!  I missed that girl and it was awesome talking to her again!  We went to a concert downtown in San Diego where her fiance's best friend's band was playing.  It was a battle of the bands to see who was going to play on the warped tour.  It was the finals.  They made it really far but didn't make it on the tour.  They are really good though.  The band was called Dick Justice.  It was funny, Heather and I ended up working at their merchandice table (I didn't mind because I got to hang with Heather, help out the band, and sit on a stool. )  So we got a free CD.  Which is awesome!  But it was nice to walk around and have dinner with Heather beforehand. 

Sorry I don't have more pictures to share.  I am trying to find as many as possible from other people.  Stupid no camera!  More to come!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun trip. I have been paranoid about sting rays ever since the crocodile hunter. Bleh. Sounds like an overall great experience though. So glad you guys were able to visit with friends and family.

    ReplyDelete