photo

photo

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Visiting friends in California

One thing I left out of my last blog that was fun, while we were snorkeling we got caught in a rip current and I got saved by a life guard.  2nd time in my life this happened.  It was fun riding in on the surf board.  They came to me first out of everyone...I think I may look like I'm drowning when I swim.  Who knows. 

I also got to hang out with my cousin Maria and her husband Tim again.  This time Claudia got to come with us.  First we went to Mission Beach and swam in the water.  Then we went in the hot tube at a hotel my sister works at.  Claudia is a massage therapist and is very good at her job.  Anyway it was really fun to talk and laugh like the old days.  We grew up with Maria across the street from us so we are really close.  Then we all went to Outback with Tim and talked and had yummy food.  So much fun.

I also got to see my cousin Shannon when I was out there!  She is so skinny!  She was skinny before but she did that Medifast diet and started running and is in really good shape.  That was the first thing I noticed.  She is doing so good.  I love when I see someone and they are doing really well.  Makes me happy.  It was fun to catch up with her and go to Mimi's.  Kaylee also loved the Shannon and loved to crawl around her place.  After I got home I packed up the car and when Claudia got home from her Tuesday night massage, we headed to Carlsbad, CA to join the rest of the family at beach camp.  Kaylee's first camping experience.  It went really well.  She fell right asleep and didn't bother anyone until the morning came.  She greeted everyone with a happy sigh and my mom and Anne Marie got her up and we both got ready to go again. 

After Kaylee was fed and all was dressed, Kaylee and I left to go to Glendale to meet up with my long time best friend Monique Shorten!  I also got to meet her beautiful 4 year old daughter Wednesday!  This kid is amazing!  She has such a great personality and very good with Kaylee.  They loved each other!  Monique got some good pictures and a cute video of the two of them playing!

 Me and Monique.  I have been friends with her since the 3rd grade I think.  She is so amazing!  I wish we lived closer!  She is also an amazing mom! 
 Kaylee and Wednesday.  Doesn't Wednesday look like her mom?  I love her hair!  She has such a fun personality!
 Kaylee thinks so too!  It was fun to let Kaylee follow her around and see how happy Kaylee was playing with her.

Us with our mini mes.  We also happened to wear very similar outfits!  I will write about Beach camp in another blog.  So much FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment