photo

photo

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

While Daddy was Home

 The day after Kevin was told he didn't have a job for at least awhile, I decided we needed some cheering up and went and did something fun.  We went to Sea World with out passes.  We has such a good time exploring exhibits we hadn't seen before and going to Circ de La Mer which opened again for the summer.  Above is Kaylee with the Sea World Penguin.  If you didn't know, penguins are one our family icons.  We love them.
 Kaylee and daddy on the sky tower.  If you have ever been to Sea World or have even driven by this is the giant blur pole in the middle that you can ride up and see pretty much all of San Diego.  I love reminders of where I live.  It makes me happy.
 This is Kevin and the kids at Circ.  They love being with their daddy and he loved being able to spend all this time with us even if it was unpaid.

 We also played out back a lot.  Malcolm loves these rocking horses.  Good thing we have two because they always like to ride them together.
 Sorry I took a picture before I helped you up buddy.  It was too funny.
 We also spent a day at the beach.  Kevin had been doing SO much studying that he really hasn't been able to enjoy the perks of where we live.  So it was nice to get out and play at the beach.  It was extra fun having my sister Claudia, her fiance Julio, and their friend Alissa join us for the day!

 Malcolm loves playing in the sand, and he may also love to try and eat it.  What a stinker. hehe
 We also really enjoyed setting up the pool in the backyard and swimming away.  Life is beautiful even through trials.  As a child I loved setting up a pool similar to this one and swimming all day.  Playing mermaids, making whirlpools, jumping in, playing "timber" (where you stand at the edge with your arms out and someone pretends to chop you down like a tree "Chop chop" and then you yell TIMBER! and face plant the water) and marco polo.  Everyone else played the timber game right?  Haha  So it is fun sharing these memories with Kaylee and Malcolm.  She can swimm in this pool no floaties no problem.

Malcolm is cute he can walk around in his little floatie.  We have really warmed him up in the water and really enjoys it now.
 Oh yea and Kevin cooked for me.  Not everyday but he did make many tasty dishes.  It is always a treat when he cooks for me!! The above is a picture I took and sent to him as he was putting the kids to bed.  I just got home from teaching piano.  Below is this awesome hot Italian Sandwhich he made using croissant dough, ham, turkey, hard salami, cheese, and a little marinara.


 This happened.  Haha so I went to the 99 cent store to get something I think for the kids room.  Some bins and such.  I took Kaylee with me while Mal napped.  Kevin was home so I could do that.  She saw this blow dryer, curling iron, brush kit (toy) while we were there and she sweetly said, "Can I please have this?"  I usually never get her anything unless it is a special occasion.  But it was 99 cents and she had been very good that day and so I got it for her.  She then began curling everyone's hair.
We also have been enjoying the new Sea World water park Aquatica.  SO FUN!  More fun if our kids were a little older but fun nonetheless.  Kaylee loves getting temp tattoos on her hand. 

No comments:

Post a Comment