photo

photo

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

12 weeks

Just a quick update on this little one's progress.  Still feeling sick.  Still taking the Zofran.  Which is doing it's job.  Still tired.  But it is all worth it and I am almost to the 2nd trimester which is total madness!  This is going MUCH faster than it was with Kaylee!  I had an appointment today.  (Thank you Anna for watching my Kaylee girl!)

Dr. Nett said that everything looked great.  There was a great heartbeat on the doppler.  There is one hiccup in the mix now.  They found Group Beta Strep in one of the tests done.  Not a big deal and the doctor told me not to get worried and everything will be fine.  This just means that I will need to have an IV of antibiotics during labor.  Like I said a hiccup in my plan.  I made the next 2 appointments.  The big appointment where I find out the gender will be at 21 1/2 weeks on December 30th.  Soon after my return from San Diego. 

Here is a picture Kev took of me today at 12 weeks 1 day.

Sometimes I forget I am pregnant.  Even though I don't feel great I forget.  Then look down or see the ultrasound on facebook, and say to myself, "Yep, this is happening!"  Don't get me wrong, I'm totally excited.  It is just so sureal!

As for an update on Kaylee, how cute is she!  SO!  She is really starting to get moving on her walking.  She discovered that if she walks, she can more easily hold something in her hand.  This makes her a happy panda.  Tonight we had a sweet moment where I was reading her one of my personal favorites, "What was I scared of" by Dr. Seuss. (It is a good read if you haven't read it already)  toward the end of the book, she just kept looking up at me giving me a HUGE Kaylee grin.  My heart melted.  She fell right asleep hugging on her pooh bear her Aunt Claudia gave her and tucked under a pink blanket.  I sure have a great daughter.  She is going to be a great big sister.

2 comments:

  1. Looking good! What an exciting time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make such a cute pregnant lady. I can't wait to find out what you're going to have! You should do a poll on here and have people guess what gender they think the baby will be. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete