photo

photo

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Kaylee's First Birthday!

WOW!  It has been a whole year since Kaylee was cut out of me making Kevin and I parents! This year has been WONDERFUL!  Yes there was challenges, but those were nothing compared to the unexplainable joy that Kaylee has brought to our life.  Everything she does makes us proud!  A few weeks ago she started taking steps by herself and after spending 2 days with her friend James Feldman is doing her best at walking around more than crawling, so I would say she is an official walker!  She can also say a ton of words.  The doctor was VERY impressed.  To name a few she can say:

Hi
Ba-Bye
Tickle
Ball
"Baaaa!" (As in what does a sheep say)
Yay
Yea
Yes
Kiss
Mama
Mom
Dada
Daddy

And probably more.  She will look at you and just start blabbing away!  It is SO funny.  I can't wait until I can understand what she says, because she really likes to talk.  At least to us.  She will talk to you once she warms up to you a bit.  It is hilarious.  She also gives "Nose Kisses" (Eskimo kisses), and then will kiss you on the cheek.  She gives hugs, high fives, and has the best laugh ever.  She loves the "I'm gonna get ya" game where you chase her down a hall or something.  She cracks up.

On her actual birthday we sang her Happy birthday, which she cried, she got to hear Geffery the Giraffe on the phone and Grandma Jayne on the phone.  My parents got to sing her Happy Birthday on skype where she cried again...lol and Mom and Dad got to eat Chinese :-)

Her party was the following Saturday.  We didn't invite a ton of people because I was stressed out as it was, and we live in an apartment.  So I'm sorry if anyone felt left out.  I really just wanted a small group.  That is what it was and it was for the most part perfect.  I just had some time management issues but it was fun.  Below is some pictures from her party and the video of her eating her cake.

 By my one decoration that I got made!  lol I think it was pretty cute!
 In the middle of eating her apple spice cupcake.  Isn't she so neat with it!  I barely had to clean her or the tray!!  I swear she liked it too!
 Opening presents!!  She loves all of her new toys and looks fantastic in her new outfit and shoes!
I made cupcakes!  With the help of my best friend Manda and Kevin.  They are pumpkin with butterscotch chips and some apple spice ones.  Cream cheese frosting and sprinkles on top!  YUM!



Now the video above is 10 min long but the best part is the beginning anyway.  Is it bad that her reaction to the birthday song makes me laugh, every time?  lol  She did enjoy it!

3 comments:

  1. We are so glad we got to be apart of it! Happy Birthday Kaylee! :) I'm so glad I know you!! And by the way, the party was great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun! Kaylee is sure cute. I'm glad you had a fun day and I will have to get your recipes for the cupcakes! They look divine. :) oh, and this is jessica, even though it says nathan. Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kaylee is thinking "That's the devil's music!" LOL I laughed so hard when I saw this video!

    ReplyDelete