photo

photo

Thursday, January 30, 2014

2014 is off to a great Start

 On New Years day we had a special lunch at my parent's house.  They had a potato bar which was oh so tasty!  We had a lot of fun too.  Above is my Uncle Bob, Aunt Ruth and Kaylee.
 A REALLY special thing that I was able to witness and help with is going to my friend Heather's baptism in the church of Jesus Christ of ladder day saints.  It was so cool to see her get baptized,  I've known her for about 12 years now.  I met her when I was in Alliance Drum and Bugle Corp.  I was a mellaphone player and she was colorguard and it being in that drum and bugle corp really was one of the highlights of my life along with my friendship with Heather.  When I heard she was going to church I was pleasantly surprised.  I think we had talked about my beliefs a bit before but it was someone else who actually brought her to church.  I admire her because of how much she really has a true testimony of the church and passion for being LDS.  She makes me want to be a better person.  Her baptism was really cool.  Kevin baptized her, I played the piano, and Kevin and I even did a special music number.  But the most special part was seeing her get baptized and hearing her wonderful testimony.  Love you Heather!
 Our little Kaylee is now a SUNBEAM in Primary!!  She is no longer in nursery she has graduated on and we love it!  We love her teacher.  Sis Sadlier (I spelled that wrong I know it) is one of those people I grew up with.  She has had many piano calling and I always looked up to her for her wonderful skills.  She is also a former teacher.  So she is good.
 Ok this picture makes me burst with joy.  I am SO proud of Kaylee.  We took her ice skating for the first time and she rocked it.  First she was a little timid about it, then she was ok with holding two people's hands, then she was ready to hold on to the wall with one person's hand, then she let go of the wall, then she decided to try and get on the ice on her own.  She refused a hand.  She kept close to the wall and we kept close to her but even typing this I want to cry.  So proud of this lovely lady.  This was a perfect day.  It isn't every day I try and do something cool with her and it works in my favor.  She was keeping up with us too.  She didn't slow us down at all.  Ah!
 So the next few pictures are just cute.  Above is a cute picture of Aunt Claudia with her littles on our couch.  I'm so happy she lives closer so we can see her more soon!!
 Malcolm Sleeping.  I had to wake him up because we had to leave to go somewhere.  This was really hard.  Look at him!
 I watched my friend/neighbors kids and it was so fun having the kids play together.  I also learned about some social things I need to work on with the kids.  Haha I need to get my kids out there more!

 Kaylee thought Malcolm needed to dress up as a pretty princess.  I'm actually surprised there isn't any accessories.  He usually does that on his own. 
I love the way Malcolm lounges.  I love the way he does almost anything.  I don't love his new fascination with the toilet water....but its ok.  He is 1, and later I can tell his girlfriends about it.  The keeper will accept him for his toilet playing past. (I don't actually let him play in there. I remove him from the situation haha)

No comments:

Post a Comment