photo

photo

Thursday, November 1, 2012

San Diego Happy Birthday Kaylee

So my 10-10-10 baby turned 2 just 2 days after we arrived here in San Diego!  I can'te believe she is 2 already (and that she has a little brother!)  She has certainly blessed our lives more than we could have imagined.  First, a little about Kaylee.

  • Kaylee loves her Pooh Bear and asks for him everytime she goes to sleep if she doesn't already have him.
  • She like to test our patience...a lot.  As cute as this girl is, she likes to give us that sly smile and touch things she shouldn't, do things she shouldn't, and "try" to get away with it.
  • She loves her little brother.  As much as she competes for attention, she loves him so much.  We used to have them nap in different rooms even though they sleep at night in the same room and everytime I put her in her bed without Malcolm in the room she always asks for him.  They now nap together which is a curse and a blessing depending on the day.
  • She loves animals.  She calls my parents room the Kitty Room because that is where my dad's cats hide out.  She loves to see them and pet them (and she is pretty gentle too!)  I also let her run around with my dog Carmen out in the backyard and although Carmen is more interested in me, Kaylee loves to give her hugs and let Carmen give her face kisses (Ew)
  • She is hilarious.  Seriously funny.  She makes us laugh everyday!  For example, she will make your head dance and pretend she is sleeping or make you pretend you are sleeping.  haha
  • She loves music!  Singing and Dancing, "playing" the piano, drumming, and "playing" guitars.  She know what a piano, drum, and guitar is.  That may seem obviously since she likes to play on them, but I am impressed that she can identify them.
  • She is so sweet!  She is all about hugs, kisses, and cuddles.  We have also taught her to say please and thank you.  We actually taught her to say "Can I please have some..."  then she finishes it with what she wants.  She is really good at it and I am proud that she has turned out to be such a polite kid.
  • SHE LOVES NURSEY!!  Thank goodness!
Just a few things.  :-)  On her actual birthday I tried to make the day special by letting her have "treat cereal" frosted cinnamon toast crunch (so yummy) and we took her to the park with grandma, Aunt Claudia and mommy.  Then that next Saturday we had her San Diego Birthday Party!  It was really fun!  We just had my immediate family who lives here and a few family friends.  Not everyone is photographed but here is some pictures of our celebration of Kaylee girl!

 Kaylee at the table enjoying her birthday party meal (hamburgers and hot dogs!)

 Aunt Claudia and Uncle Julio celebrating Kaylee!
 Mom and dad with our friends Laurie and Steve Smith!

 Mom ready to scoop some ice cream!
 Laurie and Malcolm! 

 Aunt Claudia giving Malcolm kisses!
 Kaylee's presents!
 Kaylee about to blow out the candles
 Enjoying her cupcake
 Malcolm chilling with Grandma
 We played parachute games which Kaylee enjoyed.
 Opening her presents



 Kaylee got a lot of really god presents.  We got her a potty training doll and cloth training pant.  We started potty training the next Monday.  That is a whole other post which I will post later.  Below is Kaylee enjoying her birthday presents after the party.  Grandma and Grandpa got her a tricycle!
 So after the party Kaylee found a muddy spot in the back yard.  She was having a REALLY good time and it was her birthday party after all.....so I let her get dirty.  Now you have to know that I haven't really let her get into messy things in the past because I have to clean it up and in an apartment that wasn't as easy for me to do.  Now that we live in a house, not only is it easier to clean up (spray the side walk with a hose) but I have more help here.  Grandma gave her a bath.  Anyway, here are some pictures of here going for the mud.


I've been working on letting her have more messy fun.  I'm glad that I let her that day and I have plans in the future to have fun things to do outside.  I love having a backyard!!

No comments:

Post a Comment