photo

photo

Friday, November 2, 2012

Utah Trip

This last weekend we were able to go to Orem Utah to go see my brother in law Allen and his beautiful wife Britany and their cute boy Cameron.  Normally we wouldn't go take a trip while Kevin is still jobless and studying for tests, but we just had to go.  A week ago Allen texted Kevin telling him that he has just been giving the calling of Bishop!  Holy crap.  If you don't know what this means, let me try and explain this to you.  In our church (The Church of Jesus Christ fo Latter Day Saints) we aren't hired on or paid for the services we give to the church.  We are given callings by someone who has prayed and giving inspiration to give us these callings.  For example in my last ward, I was called as assistant librarian and Kevin was called as stake assistant financial clerk.  We were given these callings from our Bishop and the Bishop gets his callings from the Stake president.  So if you aren't of our faith, the bishop would possibly be a similar position as a minister?  Well there you go.  So it was a big deal.  For their whole family.  Being a bishops wife is no small task.  Especially for a pregnant wife with a one year old.  A one year old active boy that is!  But if anyone can do it, Britany can!  She is a strong lady and Allen will be a great bish.  

This was one of the reason we moved out west so we could actually make it out for some of these type of things.  I will tell you too that it was worth the trip!  We started our travels Thursday night approx 8:30pm and drove 10 hours through the night to Orem, UT.  Why?  Because we didn't have to stop to feed Kaylee, nurse/feed Malcolm, or feed ourselves.  We just stopped for gas and we snacked to keep us awake.  I pumped in the car using the outlet that the car provided. (Yay!) Malcolm slept great.  Kaylee only slept half the night but silently watched Winnie the pooh while awake.(Thank goodness for DVD in the car!) We all took pretty good naps when we got there!  Friday night we all went out for dinner at a chinese buffet.  Saturday we went to a corn maze/pumpkin patch/carnival type place.  It was awesome.  And the only thing I busted out my camera for.
 Uncle Chuck and Kaylee!!  My brother lives in Provo going to BYU and so he got to come and have fun with us.  It was actually his idea which is wonderful!
 Kaylee on one of her several trips down the tube slide!
 Grandma Sproul and Kaylee at the petting zoo!
 Kaylee petting a cow.
 Malcolm was such a good sport!  He took an extra nap making him eat an hour late and he didn't even care.
 Bishop Allen and his wonderful family!  I love this picture! Ok the top I took it before I said 1-2-3 and I love it.  The bottom one I gave them a cue. Both awesome.

 Britany and I braved the slide crowd where there was no one up there making sure that the big kids didn't crowd the little kids or that there was a line or that there was any sense of order.  We mom's had to go and make sure our little one's got their turn.  It was worth it.  Totally fun.  Of course one girl didn't make sure the slide was clear before sliding down and ran over Kaylee at the bottom of the slide. (Thanks to the parents of that girl who did nothing) But it really was fun.
 Britany and Cam ready to go down the slide.  She is really good with kids with all her teacher skills!  Jealous!
 Chucko and Andrea with us watching the pumpkins dropping off the crane!
 They dropped all of these into the pool that splashed out ducks and the duck that traveled the most won someone a free dinner.
 New one for me, nursing on a hay bail, the way they did it in the pioneer days I'm sure!  LOL
 Chucko and Andrea with my Kaylee girl! Below is Andrea and Malcolm.  It was fun to have them spend time with my kids.

 Look at that handsome fellow!  This is Kevin waiting in line to drop pumpkins, which we didn't end up being able to do because they took forever.

 Kaylee's first pony ride!  The pony's name is Bear.  She was all smiles the whole time and didn't even need my help.  Even though I wanted to hold her hand the whole time I resisted and she did great.  She held on to the sadle and was a total pro!



 See total pro!  I swear she smiled almost the whole time.  She got to go again with Kevin.  Semi funny story, there were 2 ponies and a 13 year old girl decided that it would be a great idea to ride a pony herself.  Keep in mind she wasn't the smallest 13 year old either she was tall and had a bit of chub on her. (As many do)  They actually let her on (fail) and the pony started bucking and trying to throw her off.  Needless to say the pony took a break ofter that.  I mean really, did she really think that was a good idea?  I mean apparently so.  And I guess someone needed to tell the staff it is ok to say no.  The pony's have feelings too ya know!

The whole group (above)  I had a lot of fun and if the kids didn't need to nap we could have spent all day there.  We didn't even touch the corn maze which Chucko and Andrea actually got to do except they got turned around.  Later that night we went to Britany's mom's house for dinner and singing Christmas songs (never too early) which was really fun!


Sunday we got to go and see Allen get called and ordained Bishop of his ward.  It was really cool seeing that happen and see everyone in anticipation seeing who the next bishop would be and me thinking (I know who it is nana nana boo boo).  That night we had a big Sproul family dinner at Aunt Nedra's which was fun.  I met some more of Kevin's family.  Made me happy! 

Monday I got to have a playdate with Anna Rich and her boys.  Anna is one of my Louisville friends that just moved to Orem just before we moved.  It was SO nice to see her!  We later drove through the night (again) back to San Diego. We came back tired and sick with colds, but it was worth the trip!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment