photo

photo

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Malcolm is 1!

Can you believe that a year ago I was in the hospital awaiting this little man's arrival?  Today we celebrate the best baby known in history.  Here is some of my favorite things about Malcolm:

~He is a good sleeper!  Takes perfect naps and has slept through the night since 9 weeks old!  Seriously I don't really have "Bad Nap Days" with Malcolm.  He is wonderful.

~His kisses!  He like to smother me in kisses.  Mainly me too.  He sometimes gives daddy kisses and occasionally Grandma or Grandpa.  But mainly me.  Even his blowing a kiss is so special. 

~His unbelievable smile.  He is such a happy boy.  He smiles all the time and when out in public he flirts with all the ladies.  People LOVE it.  I love it.  He can brighten your day like THAT! (I just snapped through the computer)

~ His love for his family.  I love how he laughs at Kaylee and loves watching her do pretty much anything.  I also just love his laugh.  I love how he can't decide who he wants holding him sometimes because he just loves everyone so much!

~ How he loves to have something in his mouth at all times.  Whether it is food (which he loves) or a sock he loves to just hold something in his mouth sans hands.  It is hilarious.

Malcolm has brightened up all of our lives and I am SO grateful to have him here.

Somethings Malcolm can do now (I know I haven't written a monthly post in about 3-4 months oops!):

~Say "Up" "Mama" and "Dada"
~Stand by pulling up on something and/or no hands
~Cruise
~Crawl like a mad man
~Laugh
~play with toys usually the right way too.  How they were intended to be played with. examples: Rock on a rocking horse, put a ball in the hole so it can go down all the little tunnels it needs to, shake rattles, honk horns, etc. The boy is a pro!
~Talking about toys, he can throw a ball and then crawls after it and throws it again.  Like I said, Pro.

He is probably pretty close to walking.  But he like to take his time.  He now has 8 teeth the 8th one just came in 2 nights ago.  I can even feel the molars under the gum so that will be happening soon!

Ok now for the pictures! We had a family close friends (might as well be family) party for him May 4th and today May 7th is his actual birthday.  I thought I had more pictures but these will do!

 We made one 3 layer funfetti cake for everyone and one funfetti smash cake for Malcolm.  He LOVED it!

 His Aunt Manda was there!  Also his Uncle Michael was there!! 

 Above: Uncle Bob, Grandpa Connors, and Aunt Claudia!
Below: Aunt Ree, Aunt Claudia and in the way back Grandma Connors and Laurie Smith!

 I was REALLY proud of my decoration picks.  All dollar store and target "dollar section!  I have better pictures I will hopefully post later! I also got red, white and green streamers put up (like the Mexican flag)  His party was cinco de Mayo themed since his birthday is so close to the 5th of May. :-)

 Birthday DAY!!  I made him a birthday beakfast of Birthday chocolate chip pancakes because he is just that awesome!!  He was happy and I washed off all the choclatey goodness off his belly, legs, arms, and face later!  :-)
And here are some fun videos of his party.  Ignore the fact that I had no clue my undershirt was falling out of the sleeves on my shirt.  Yes I pointed it out and thus will be noticed but I had to let you know it was totally not what I though was going on.  I was going for festive not sloppy boppy.  lol






No comments:

Post a Comment