photo

photo

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Utah Trip

This Memorial Day weekend we got to fly up to Utah to celebrate our new nephew Benjamin Vaughn Sproul.  It was a great weekend.  As I have many family and friends who live in Utah I have to appologize that we couldn't stay longer and see more people because it was a very short trip and PACKED with family fun.  We arrived Friday evening where we left the kids with Grandma and Grandpa Sproul while we went out to see the new Start Trek movie with Allen and Britany.  So very awesome!

Kaylee right after we put her in the stroller after the plane ride to Utah
On Saturday spent the morning getting ready to go and swimming at Don and Jayne's (Grandma/Grandpa Sproul) hotel pool.  We than headed back to Allen and Britany's for kid's naps.  Kevin and I took this opportunity to go to Apollo Burger to get pastrami burgers, fries, and shared a shake. Too much food.  Kevin and I have been trying to loose weight so we were not used to a treat meal such as that.  It was yummy.  Good thing we walked there and back.  No vacation is complete without going out to eat so that was great.

We then got back to the house and got ready for my Brother Charlie and his beautiful wife Andrea to come over for dinner!  We played with the kids for awhile and got them to bed.  Then we had dinner and talked.  They were SO nice and brought over ice cream for dessert.  It was super yummy.  I feel bad because when they asked how many people to bring ice cream for I thought, 2 families of 4, grandparents, and them.  So 12 people.  I counted the kids.  Not only were all of them in bed when we had ice cream, but I counted a newborn!!  Oh well. Sorry guys.  But it was a lot of fun seeing them!


The next day was Benji's blessing and afterward they had a get together at Allen and Britany's house.  It was so nice being able to visit with some of Kevin's extended family that we don't get to see that often.  Kaylee had a LOT of fun showing off her skills and Malcolm gave a lot of people smiles. 

By the end of the trip poor Malcolm was done being picked on by the two older kids.  He missed having some alone time with him and his toys.  Kaylee and Cam got along great.  Of course no toddler friendship is complete without pushing, pulling and the basic struggle of the sharing concept.  They will be even greater friends I'm sure as time goes on.  I'm really glad we live a lot closer to Utah so that we can go visit more often. 

 I took a few good shots of Benji while I was sitting next to him.




 Malcolm drinking a sippy and getting his mommy time on.  He loves me.  He really really loves me.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment