photo

photo

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Cake for Grandpa's Birthday!

So my grandpa's birthday was on February 12th.  He was born on Lincoln's birthday.  That is why his middle name is Lincoln.  This was obviously the first birthday of his without him there.  I had to do something to honor his birthday.  So I made a chocolate cake and Kevin whipped up some cream cheese frosting to go on top.  (He is the frosting man unless I make butter-cream which is also delish).  Anyway, I couldn't sing happy birthday because I started tearing up just thinking about it.  Grandpa used to sing, "and many more..." at the end.  It was like his thing.  Lately since I have lived in KY I haven't been able to be to many birthday celebrations, but now that grandpa is gone, it seems like I just always imagined him singing it at the end of the happy birthdays over here so it makes me sad that we won't hear that anymore.  But the cake was delicious and it made me feel good to celebrate him. 

Oh I don't think I put this in my last post about him but I will put it in now.  This is my second Grandpa that has passed away for me.  My grandpa kitty passed away before I was 2 years old.  Obviously I was too young to really remember it.  But loosing my grandpa Earl has made me think a lot of my grandpa Kitty (his real name was Arthur).  What is kind of cool is that my grandpa's are buried really close together.  I didn't count it exactly but my grandpa Earl is one row up and about 12 over from grandpa kitty's spot. So I can visit both grandpa's at the same time!  I was happy I got to visit Grandpa Kitty while I was there and have Kaylee with me.  I kind of introduced Kaylee to him even though I know he has been looking down on us the whole time.  I can't wait until we meet again and I am glad that families are forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment