photo

photo

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Valentine's Day!

Yea I pretty much ROCK OUT valentine's day.  I've made it a tradition every year, since we hate going to crowded restaurants with long waits, to make a surprise awesome meal for Kevin every year!  This year I got every part of it from Pinterest a new found love of mine.  So here is our day:

 These are my homemade Valentine's day decorations.  Each of the small hearts has one reason I love Kevin on them.  Because I'm sappy like that!  This is after Kaylee has taken 2 off to add to her outfit for the day!
 I also made him a card.  I don't know why but he loves my homemade cards.  So I made one for him.
 Dinner is SERVED!  This is the whole spread.  We got Lasagna Soup, Happy Bread, and Love Potion Drink!!  The Love Potion is 2 cups Raspberry Sherbet and 2 cups pink lemonade blended together you put them into glasses and then pour sprite over it all.  SO GOOD!
 Here is the Happy Bread!  So yummy.  I had to make bread because Kevin is a bread person.  He loves his carbs.  The only tricky thing with this is I had to convert grams to cups and stuff.  I found a good online calculator to help me with this one.  The recipe is HERE
 This lasagna soup was AMAZING!  The blogger was totally right, I didn't mind eating this as leftovers night after night either!  One thing I did differently is I couldn't find the noodles she called for so I just broke up lasagna noodles.  Worked pretty good.  Also I took the fire roasted diced tomatoes and pureed them before I added them to the soup.  This is because neither Kevin or I like cooked tomato that much.  We just love the taste of tomato.  Can I tell you it was AWESOME!  The recipe is HERE
 Kevin excited to indulge!
 Kaylee excited to try what she can.  I think I actually gave her regular noodles.  She can't really eat soup by herself. 
Oh!  I didn't forget dessert!  These are homemade BAKED donuts!  That is right!  They were SO good!  I didn't have a donut cutter so I used this circle pie press thing for mini pies and sandwiches for the outside and I had this mini heart cookie cutter I used for the donut hole.  Which I also baked and glazed.  I loved this recipe but I think it would be better if the donut holes themselves were smaller.  The dough is not that sweet it is the glaze that really sweetens it up.  Overall healthier than buying fried bakery donuts and it is SO YUMMY!! Recipe is HERE

It was a good day and everything was a success!!  I'm so thankful to my mom who taught me how to cook.  She is truly amazing and we all (especially Kevin) thank her for my skills!

1 comment:

  1. What a great wife you are! Looks like you guys had a great day and a delicious dinner - way to go :)

    ReplyDelete