photo

photo

Thursday, March 1, 2012

San Diego Jan/Feb 2012

So I thought I would give you a quick overview of our trip to San Diego.  Of course you know the main reason why we went, but I got to stay for 2 weeks.  So I got to do many awesome things while there!  Many just simple and fun.

While Charlie and his girlfriend at the time (you'll see) Andrea were there for grandpa's funeral, we wanted to show Andrea a little of San Diego.  Being that it was January and couldn't do a full out BBQ at the beach or anything, we took her to Sea Port Village which was awesome for many reasons.  One...
Kaylee got to see some ducks and Grandma loved watching Kaylee's excitement as see saw the ducks and pointed at the and said "Duck! Duck!"  Two...
THE HAMMOCK STORE!!  Ok, seriously, this is my future hammock!!  It can hold a butt load of weight so it can fit many butts on it.  Plus it is comfy and awesome and well mine when we get a house with a yard....someday!
THREE!  I wish I had SOME sort of picture of them there but I will steal one later.  Charlie snuck off with Andrea and they got engaged!  So now she is his fiance!!
Kaylee also discovered her love for animals (even more).  She got a lot of Kitty and Doggy time while there.  Above is suspicious George ready to get a Kaylee love pat.  Surprisingly our lessons in being gentle and soft is working and she was very good with the kitties.
Callie was a much better sport than George.  She let Kaylee pet her the most. 
We got to spend A LOT of quality time with my sister, Kaylee's Aunt Claudia!  Kaylee thought she had found a necklace....
One day Claudia, Kaylee and I went to the beach to take some pictures and look at the view.  We also got to meet Claudia's boss at a massage place she massages at close to there!
Claudia is a natural!  Oh and see those weird guys behind her?  They were randomly doing hand stands and other gymnastic moves so we moved away only to discover 5 min or so later that they had followed us and continued with their moves!  Obviously trying to impress my beautiful sister!  How hilariously odd!
Above is Kaylee and her grandma!  My mom loved having us there to come home to and I liked being there and hanging out with her. 

 Kaylee and Dixie my sister's dog.  She loved this dog and Dixie was really good about the whole thing.  Kaylee got really good at barking just like Dixie but to this day if you ask her what the doggy says, she will give you a plain, "Woof!" 
 Kaylee busted out the girly girl in her and learned the word "Purse" while in San Diego pulling around her Aunt Claudia's sparkly black purse around. 
 Grandma also had fun giving Kaylee some stickers and Kaylee then became obsessed!  We told Kevin that she had a face rash and he was a little worried until he realized that the picture I sent him of her face was just covered in stickers.  LOL
 Kaylee and Aunt Claudia LOVE!
 Grandma and grandpa both got turns putting her to bed at night which was a huge help to me.  I like to think that they loved doing it.  I don't think I'm wrong.  Look at the love!  I have to say too that they are quite the pros at putting this little girl to bed!!
 Aunt Claudia loved to help me with bath time!!  YAY! Making awesome hair dos is quite fun when it involved bubbly soap keeping it in place!
 Finally the last night my sister got together with my friend Anne Marie, her mom Kathy and my mom to throw me a WONDERFUL last minute baby shower!  We got to celebrate my little boy coming soon and have fun, food, and presents!  I'm so blessed to have wonderful family and friends in my life to help out!


1 comment:

  1. Love the picture of you with Kaylee in the hammock...she looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete