photo

photo

Monday, April 9, 2012

Happy Easter!!!

Yesterday we had a wonderful Easter!  The Easter bunny cam e and delivered Kaylee a basket of goodies.  :-)  I think she loved it!  I will let you be the judge.  (Ignore my morning self in these pictures)

 This is her Easter Basket (I don't know why Blogger made it side ways the picture isn't originally like that)
 I love how she is puffing out her belly in this picture!!!
 She got a headband
 Which she promptly wanted on, along with her necklace (necky) and bracelet (bracey)

 She also got a bunch of books!  I love it when her book collection grows! (I just hope she stops biting them up soon!)
This is possibly my favorite picture of the day.  Captures the intense love she had for her Easter basket!  I am glad she liked it so much.  It was really fun watching her discover all her goodies.  We had her then say Thank you to the Easter bunny.  Then she went on to play with all her books with daddy while I made us all creamed eggs on toast an Easter Sproul tradition.  You melt 3 TBS butter in a pan add 3 TBS Flour and some salt and pepper.  Then you remove from heat and add 1 cup milk, you bring that back to boil and whisk until thick and bubbly and then add hard boiled eggs sliced up.  Then you put it on toast.  Sprinkle a little paprika.  YUM!  Yea I wasn't sure I was going to like it until I tried it for the first time and LOVED it.  Kaylee had it for the first time and loved it as well. 

We had Easter here in Louisville for a few reasons.  1-We just went to Lexington for Grandpa Don's birthday last weekend and 2-We were singing in the choir for Easter and I even accompanied a song for my wonderful friend Adrienne Feldmann at church.  We couldn't leave everyone hanging.  So we stayed. :-)
 Me and my princess ready to go to church
 Kaylee playing with her books with her Easter dress on!
 She didn't really want to smile.  But she really looked cute wearing her dress and her new jewelry that she got for Easter!  She REALLY wanted to wear her necklace and bracelet.

Anyway, It really worked out because we got to have the Feldmann's over for Easter dinner.  I wish I remembered to take any pictures of dinner and our friends.  I spaced it.  In my defense I got like 2.5 hours of sleep the night before.  But we had a lot of fun and yummy food.  Adrienne made these delicious what we will call Cinnamon Roll Carrots.  They were SO good!  Along with asparagus (yummy) and cupcakes (double yum).  I made a turkey breast, with gravy, mashed potatoes, and Kevin's grandma's rolls.  I basically made all the less healthy stuff!  It was all seriously tasty and made my tummy happy!  Kaylee loved it all too except she is still skeptical of asparagus.  But maybe she will warm up to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment