photo

photo

Monday, April 30, 2012

The Waiting Game

38 weeks 3 days
So I will be 39 weeks tomorrow.  Tomorrow is also the first day in May.  From what I can tell at this moment, I feel like I will definitely have a May baby.  :-)  Contractions have increased in both frequency and intensity.  But they taper off now and then telling me, "Now is not the time."  I try not to be disappointed and tell myself over and over that he will come on his own and at a good time for us both.  It is helping, along with Kevin reassuring me that all is fine and that I am progressing.  Which is true.  At my doctors appointment on Friday I was 3 cm dilated and 60% effaced (Kevin told me he heard her say 60% I didn't hear it so I didn't know that until last night).  She said that I am "more favorable" and that she hopes that she will see me before my next appointment. (Which is next Friday).  Time will tell.  No matter what I will have a beautiful baby boy in my arms in a week-ish time.  FOR SURE before mother's day.  There is still so much to do, but I also can't wait to meet his face.  I also can't wait to see my mom! We are definitely keeping our minds in the positive and pushing all fear aside.  In the meantime, let me tell you what we have been up to the last few weeks.

So I have been doing all sorts of things to try to help me progress.  I have made a bunch of spicy food.  I have made some "Labor Inducing" recipes found online such as general taos chicken and Labor cookies.  Both were tasty...except let me tell you.  The cookies were yummy like ginger bread cookies, but it contains Cayenne pepper which gives you a huge kick in the mouth afterwards.  I've eaten an entire batch (not at once).  I've had contractions, but no baby.  I also love my birth ball which is just a fitness ball that I call my birth ball.  Same thing really.  It is awesome.  Not only does it help relieve pregnancy discomforts when they arise, it is fun to sit Kaylee on top and bounce and roll her around.  HAHA  She also likes to roll it across the living room which I find entertaining.  We also have been taking walks.

Kaylee studying nature
Kaylee and I like to go to the apartment park sometimes which is both a blessing and a curse!  I have to REALLY watch what she picks up and make sure she doesn't stick it in her mouth.  Like for some reason, there are Popsicle sticks everywhere!  At least around the actual playground stuff.  I usually take her to the more grassy area and let her walk around or climb on and off the bench for 40 minutes.  Yea she wanted to do that once.  She took a great nap afterward.  Kevin and I also like to take nightly walks with Kaylee in the stroller so I can REALLY get moving.
Kaylee trying to touch my belly

Kaylee loves to sit on the "chairs"




We had a WONDERFUL weekend this last weekend.  We went to the zoo with our friends Josh and Kinsey.  They were already planning on going so we just asked if they wanted to come with us too.  It was great I got in a lot of walking and then we had lunch where Kevin had to park on the opposite side of the mall from Red Robin.  So more walking YAY!  Then a wondrous long nap for all 3 of us.  I like to get the naps in as I know they will be far too few very soon. 
Love my Kaylee hugs!

At JC Penny, Can you tell it is Derby Season?
Kaylee, where's your head?!
Kaylee has been so loving and funny lately.  Some loving stories, we decided to just go ahead and bring her to our appointment last Friday, and when Dr. Nett went to measure my belly and listen to the heartbeat Kaylee flipped out.  Dr. Nett said they are always so protective of their mamas.  :-)  Another sweet story was I think Saturday she tried to brush my hair.  I had done my hair with twisties as I call them and if she brushed them I would have to re-do it so I ducked and Kevin said, "Careful!" So she thought she had hurt me.  I told her I was fine that I was not hurt but her heart was already broken and she came to me crying with lots of hugs, kisses, and cuddles.  I just held her said that everything was ok, she did nothing wrong and that I was fine.  It is so sweet that she cares so much about me being in no pain.  I love her heart!

One funny story with Kaylee recently is about a week ago she unnecessarily woke up at like 6am.  So I got up and took her to our dark living room hoping she will sleep on my belly/shoulder until she was supposed to wake up.  Well right when I thought she might be a sleep baby Malcolm goes kicking away.  Kaylee lifts her head, looks at my belly with a concerned look and says, "Baby!!"  She then tries again to sleep and then he starts kicking her again, and she looks a little more annoyed and exclaims, "Baby!"  I knew that sleep would not be in our future until nap time.  It was funny how she reacted especially since she never reacted before when he kicked her. 





1 comment:

  1. I LOVE those derby hats! Cute stories! Glad you can get all the walking in--I bet it is good but maybe you get tired or sore? I love to hear of the interaction between baby Malcolm and Kaylee. It is so sweet to think of the friendships siblings will have. Kaylee sounds like she has grown so much already! I can't wait to see her and you guys! Good luck this week!

    ReplyDelete