photo

photo

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Christmas 1 and 2

Christmas day went really well.  We opened presents in the morning.  Then we had creamed eggs on toast for breakfast (a Sproul holiday breakfast) and then we got ready for church.  Church was only sacrament meeting and Kevin and I volunteered to sing in their choir.  My sister was awesome and watched Kaylee in the congregation while we sang.  Kaylee LOVES her aunt Claudia so she had a lot of fun.  The program was really good and I think everyone felt the Christmas spirit.  After church my mom hosted Christmas Dinner with her side of the family and the missionaries.  My grandma and grandpa loved seeing Kaylee's little personality as she ate her dinner.  After dinner, my mom had my gandma and grandpa open their Christmas presents.  She made them each a shirt That said "Sweethearts since 195?"  (I don't remember the exact year just that it was in the 50s) Then she ironed on a picture of them in front of the charter plane they got for their wedding.  They absolutely loved the gifts and said they will wear them when they go to Home Town Buffet.  My grandma kept saying how handsome grandpa was and he was embarrassed but it was really funny and cute.  Anyway, here are some pictures of that day.  I think I failed at getting a ton of pictures.  But I will bust it out.

 Good Morning Padre!!
 Claudia with the hat that she got.  :-)
Kaylee got spoiled!!  Here she is showing grandma the new books she just got!  She loves them.
My dad plays the drums which is why he got this animal shirt!
 We got my brother Charlie an awesome Captain America shirt!
 Kaylee also got this Chase me Kitty that she loves to tote around.  It is a really cool toy!
 My sister is AWESOME!  She bought me this amazing jacket.  It is SO warm.  The proof was really in today while I renewed my drivers licence I had to go back and forth through the snow getting things from my car.  Thank goodness Kevin was there watching Kaylee in the car so I didn't have to tote Kaylee along too.  SO warm!  And pretty!  I think it is super cute.
 This is my gift to Kevin.  We had already gotten so many expensive things at Black Friday I figured that covered us for Christmas and my birthday.  But I wanted him to open SOMETHING from me.  So I made this.  I got the idea off Pinterest.  I warned him ahead of time that it is something cheap and slightly corny.  He LOVED it!  He both laughed and cried which was the point.  I was hoping for both. By the way it cost me a total of 97 cents.  Well for a 2 pack of cards.  And we left one of the cards for my parents to have.  So in reality this cost me less than 50 cents.  :-)
 She looked beautiful in the dress we got her for Christmas
 Mom and Kaylee
 playing in her dress
 Daddy gets kisses
So literally this is the only picture I got of the Christmas dinner.  In fact I didn't get ANY pictures of Christmas number 2!!  Which makes me really sad!  I should have remembered my camera more often.  I just get in the moment spending time with family and forget.  :-(

On to Christmas number 2.  AWESOME!  So the first thing that we did was go to the movies with my grandma Melba!  My dad's mom.  We had a great time and it was so nice to see and talk to my grandma.  We went and saw Mission Impossible in IMAX.  There were times where my hands were in the air around my face which had that "eek" look because surely I would be seeing death soon.  I mean that as a good thing.  It was a great movie and we had a wonderful time!  We were done a little early and so we just headed over to my Aunt Claudia's house an hour early.  Thankfully she is amazing and let us sit down and even watch a movie while we waited for the dinner to begin.  We saw IQ which I hadn't seen but LOVED!  So cute!  So as to not confuse you too much, I have a sister named Claudia (Kaylee's Aunt Claudia) and my dad also has a sister named Claudia (MY Aunt Claudia).  So 2 Aunt Claudia's.  It only gets slightly confusing in a fun way.  Anyway we had a great time and it was fun seeing some of my awesome cousins and their kids.  I truely have a wonderful family.  Kaylee had a great time and was spoiled again by my grandma.  We love our gifts Grandma!!  She also got Kevin and I gifts.  She gave me some beautiful jewlery and Kevin some itunes gift cards.  Along with yummy candy!  We were very grateful!

Oh also, for all of you who have little girls or buy things for a little girl, or you like wearing flowers in your hair or whatever, my Aunt Claudia showed me this awesome website that I just have to share.  Haloheaven.com.  The prices are out of this world good.  I got a bunch of stuff and am awaiting the items now.  They had a 50% off sale during the last week of the year and so they are obviously swamped at the moment so the wait is a little long.  But I don't mind waiting.  It will be worth the wait. 

4 comments:

  1. So glad you had so much fun for the holidays! And so glad you're back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1) I can't believe how big Kaylee is getting! Such a sweet looking little girl.
    2) Your new jacket looks great on you. Props to your sister!
    3)I LOVE your gift to Kevin. So cute, I may need to borrow that idea for V-Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! and steal away! It was a fun gift to make with amazing results!

      Delete