photo

photo

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Christmas Vacation

So here we go.  So we left for San Diego on the 16th.  The flights went really well.  Kaylee was SO good!  I was nervous because she is off bottles and pacifiers.But she did fantastic.  We gave her milk in the sippy cups at the beginning of the flights and then she slept for awhile on one of us, mainly me, and when she wasn't sleeping or drinking, she was happily playing with her fisher price ipod touch holder which had a nice educational baby app going on it.  Of course we didn't have the sound on, but she enjoyed it just the same. 


I REALLY enjoyed spending time with my family.  Relaxing and playing games, watching movies.  The first Saturday there I had my birthday dinner at Phil's BBQ!!  I love that place.  The hard part is that there was 11 people, they didn't take reservations, and this is one POPULAR place.  They were featured on Man Vs Food and it is yummy!  I got to have my parents, my sister Claudia, my brother Charlie, Kevin, Kaylee and my friends Joey, Heather and her boyfriend Eric and my Aunt Ruth all there with me and it was so fun!  Especially since some of them hadn't been there before!  Oh and talking about the long line and such.  We got there a little after 6:30 and met up with my sister in line and by the time we got seated and finished our food, it was past Kaylee's bedtime (plus she wasn't fully adjusted to California time) and she was slap happy!  The best version of Kaylee past her betime mood!  She did all her cute tricks starting with laughing with the group, making fishy kisses, saying thank you, all her funny noises and more laughing.  Everyone LOVED it! 

This is me and Heather at Phil's!  I am so glad she was able to make it!  She is absolutely amazing!  Go Vanguard!!

It was nice the next few days we got to do some really relaxing things with my family.  We went to church where Kaylee was full of energy walking everywhere in the church, and then stuffing goldfish cracker (AKA Fishes to those who are like me and Kevin) down my mom's shirt and then trying to dig them out (in which my mom just took her out rather than expose everyone there he he) and she also started feeding us the fishes and then licking them and putting them back in her snack bowl.  At that point we didn't have her feed us anymore.  lol  She is so funny.

We went and saw the new Sherlock Holmes movie.  AWESOME!  Here is a trailer:


More to blog later about the trip.  With pictures and all.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment